So I still don't know much, but I will update on what I do know! I had an ultrasound on Tuesday to make sure I don't have any cysts or anything and they also measured my reproductive organs. Everything on that came back good. Good news but still unsure of why I have the pain in my lower left side. They also called me on Thursday and said they had the results on my pap smear and that everything with that came back good as well! I went this morning to have my blood work done at Deaconess. I had been fasting since 8:30 the Thursday night so I was ready to get it done and over with so I could have a drink! I hate having blood work done so my mom went with me for support and told me if I was good I could have a small milk shake! I'm lactose intolerant so that was a big treat for me! We got there at 9:30 and sat for an hour and 20 minutes while this poor women with two little boys and another one on the way tried to calm her screaming child. He cried the whole time we were there! I finally got to go back and one look at my veins and the nurse was like, great! I have no veins that show in the bend of my elbow where they usually take blood. She tried and tried and even gave me a stress ball to squeeze. She gave it a shot and finally got a vein, but not blood! I had to fast for one of the test which makes it harder to get the blood to come out of your veins. The nurse was super nice and then decided to try her own little trick. She filled a latex glove with hot water and I held it on the top of my hand to "warm" my veins up. She stuck me again, this time in the top of my hand and it worked! I was very good and even watched the huge syringe fill up with blood! Finally at 11:00 we were out of there and I got my milk shake! I won't know anything from that for a week or two, but I will be sure to update everyone with any news I find out. I'm pretty anxious myself and at this point hope they find something!
With my blood work done I will now be able to enjoy my three-day weekend, even though it's suppose to rain :-( Oh Well! Andrew and I are going out to dinner tonight and then coming home to enjoy our subdivision fire works. We had a good time at the block party last year so hopefully we'll have fun this year as well. They put on a really good show and I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeve this year. We'll have a swimming pool full of firework remains tomorrow but that's ok! My mom is smoking some ribs for dinner tomorrow and we will be having a big cookout tomorrow and Sunday! yummmm! I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment