
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
One Year Ago
Today marks the one year anniversary of my grandpa's death. I can't believe it's been one year already. I miss him so much and even after a year I'm still not completely over his death. It just all happened so fast, too fast. I wish he was here, but then I remember the pain he was in and realize he's in a better place. It kills me to think he's not going to see me walk down the aisle next year or hold my children. I loved him so much he was "My grandpa" and I was his Lisa Marie or Little Britches, haha. My grandma always said she didn't know who was ate up with who more. I wish I could feel his scruffy face for one last kiss. I still remember how he always smelled like chewing tobacco and Irish spring soap. Today's a rough day but we will all get through it, because we know he's always with us. Writing this is the first time I've cried today and then I laughed, because I can hear grandpa saying just as he did a year ago, "Stop your crying, my girls are much prettier when they're smiling." I love you grandpa and I miss you every day and just as you promised I'll see you again one day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment